Friday, March 6, 2009

Paper Creations

Sewing hasn't completely taken over here, I may be collecting fabric like a collected paper, but I've made a commitment to stop buying until I have used what I have. (this was after a late night run to Hancock fabrics where I went in for a pink fat quarter and some elastic, but ended up with a couple other fat quarters and some other random hardware for some 'really want to do' projects!) So even though I haven't touched my scrapbooking stuff more then a couple times since we moved... here are a few of my creations from before we left good ol' Washington.

I {lOvE} this card one of my favs, when I get sick of sewing, all do a little tutorial on how to do the edge, way fun and way easy!
I had an idea in my head and this was one of those have-to-do-it-right-now projects! I wasn't overly excited about the assembled finished product, but was really excited about the flowers, which were the have-to-do-it-right-now project!
It's difficult to tell from the pics, but the flowers (stampin' up pick-a-petal) are stamped on a really thick transparency (sorry I can't remember what they are actually called!) using white Stayz On Ink. I attempted to use my white stampin' up craft ink initially, but after a phone consult with my stampin' friend Denise, she informed me the craft ink won't dry so you have to use Stayz On Ink. Bummer. I didn't have any. Later that day there was a knock on my door... guess who! It was Denise! She brought me my very own white Stayz On Ink and cleaner (which is a necessity if you buy the ink!) She is so sweet and thanks to her I got to do my have-to-do-it-right-now project done! So enough of my blabbing here's the flowers :) I love how they turned out!

And lastly here's another little girl page I created...

No comments: